This event presented the Islamic Art Revival Series an opportunity to once again showcase various forms of visual and performing arts to the Dallas/Fort Worth community on Sunday, November 9, 2014. IARS targeted students and teachers through outreach at area school districts. Pursuant to its goals of community outreach and cultural harmony, IARS Experience engaged the rich and diverse demographics of the Texas region. IARS brought in youth and young professionals from local schools, colleges, universities, and local businesses through various social interactions. In addition we reached out to other faith communities – such as churches, synagogues, temples and other congregations. By sharing and exposing the vision of Islamic art, IARS aims to overcome stereotypes and engage North Americans with an aesthetically beautiful and humanitarian dialogue.
The event included the popular events from previous years including:
- Experiencing Islamic art first hand at this event that featured Islamic inspired performances and activities for the whole family
- Hands painted with a henna design
- Photography and films by world-famous Peter Sanders
- Names written in Arabic calligraphy
- Created Islamic art to take home.
- Browsing through artwork by international Islamic artists
- Watch Islamic Art films
- Pictures taken in ethnic costumes
Click here to see the event performers.
Images from the 2nd Annual Islamic Art Revival Series.
This event was held in conjunction with the 3rd Annual Juried International Exhibition of Contemporary Islamic Art.